Monday, October 13, 2014

The Youngest Templar: Trial of Fate - Carson Gilbert

The author of the book, The Youngest Templar: Trial of Fate, is a man named Micheal Spradlin. The book was released in October of 2009 as a book in a series of three that Micheal published. The Youngest Templar: Keeper of the Grail, published in 2008 was the first book and the third book, published in 2010, was The Youngest Templar: Orphan of Destiny. Micheal Spradliln has written and published several books, most of them belonging to a series of books and he has written books that entertain people of all different ages. 





This book follows the travels of Tristan, Maryam and Robard. A young Templars scribe, a Hashshashin Assassin and a Kings archer. Together they are on a journey to keep the Holy Grail out of the hands of a greedy Templar named Sir Hugh, who only wants the Holy Grail for himself. Along the way they will face many challenges, make some enemies and maybe some new friends all while they are desperately trying to find their way back home to England with the cup safely in their possession.


The book The Youngest Templar: Trail of Fate, to me, was a well written and great historical book due to the fact that it didn't bore me. The way that the author chose to follow a boy protecting the Holy Grail, was amazing since the book was sent in a time where being part of the Church and being religious was really important. I think that made the book a great success and a really great read. 



“With trembling hands I opened the satchel. Removing all of my other gear, I flipped open the secret compartment and pulled out the Grail. I removed the linen covering, holding it out so they could see it. No one said anything, because they weren't exactly sure what I was showing them.” – Page 156

I chose this quote because it shows how Tristan has finally decided to show his friends just what he has been hiding in his satchel the whole time. It also shows that he’s willing to share the important job of protecting the Holy Grail with his friends, meaning that he completely trusts them and wants them to know why they are risking their lives by traveling with him.

“I’m with you,” Maryam said. “I will do all I can to help you finish this. I will help you keep the prophet’s cup safe.” – 160

The reason that I chose this second quote is because it shows that even knowing that Tristian has been lying about the reason that they are risking their lives, as well as kept this a complete secret from his friends, they are still with him. Maryam as well as Robard are still going to travel with him to help him go through with his mission.

“No. Sir Hugh was… is a dreadful man. He has committed many violations of our laws. My liege Sir Thomas wrote testimony against him, including sworn statements by many brother knights of our regimento. He entrusted me to deliver them to the Master of the Order in England. I barely made it out of Acre, but Sir Hugh followed me. He’s been chasing me ever since.” – Page 121

This quote tells why and who exactly is after them. It shows about one of the reasons that Sir Hugh is after Tristan and his friends and why the Templar (Sir Hugh) has been trying to track them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment